Bacon Guacamole Chicken Bombs
Pair with Sauvignon Blanc
2 ripe avocados
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, optional
1/2 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
Garlic powder to taste
4 boneless chicken breasts
16 bacon strips
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, lime juice and garlic powder. Mash and stir with a fork until there are no large chucks of avocado left.
3. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise. Cut a slit into the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the guacamole and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges of the chicken closed.
4. Wrap the chicken with two strips of bacon, making sure the ends of the bacon all end up on the same side of the chicken.
5. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the bacon-wrapped chicken for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remember to cook the sides of the chicken as well. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve!