Aromatic Lamb Meatballs
Pair with Craftsman’s Red Blend
Approximately 78 appetizer size meatballs
1 lb. ground lamb
¼1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons semolina flour
1 egg, well beaten
Canola oil for frying
- Place lamb into a mixing bowl and add the scallions.
- Sprinkle the spices, salt and semolina flour over the lamb.
- Add beaten egg to the bowl and work everything together thoroughly with your hands.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Scoop out a scant teaspoon of the lamb mixture. Roll in your hands to form the meatball and place on the lined baking sheet. HINT: have a bowl of cold water beside you to dampen your hands to help them not get too sticky during the rolling of the meatballs.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of Canola oil in a skillet.
- Line another baking sheet with a kitchen towel.
- When the oil is hot, fry the meatballs in batches, careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for about a minute per side until or until golden brown all over. Drain on baking sheet lined with the kitchen towel.
The meatballs can be made into a larger size and baked in a muffin tin at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, turning once during the baking process for a dinner entrée.